Android systems have been superior to other systems in many ways. Earlier android models presented with little to no complications for the users to deal with. As they have evolved according to user needs, the addition of incredible features has been accompanied by certain issues as well.
Are you an android user and are facing the issue of the ‘android app not installed’ notification pop-up? As frustrating as it is to deal with, did you know that the simplest causes may lead to this issue in your android smartphones to develop? Most of which are manageable
The ‘app not installed’ issue is encountered quite often by android users when downloading specific applications. As you read further, this article will lay out for you an effortless guide to what the issue is and how to fix it step by step.
Table of Content
- App not installed issue
- Main causes
- How to fix App not installed issue?
- Other methods
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
App Not Installed Issue
It is essential to understand what the issue is. It is an error that occurs when an android user is trying to download an application but is unable to. A notification is displayed that reads’ App not installed Apk’.
Some of the root causes encountered when dealing with this issue are:
1. Damaged files
To avoid downloading files that are corrupted, one must ensure that the installation source is authentic. One way to assess this is by reading the app reviews. Another way to filter is to see whether the original website’s file size and third-party website are the same.
2. Insufficient storage
When there is a lack of storage on your device, the system is unable to accompany new applications, due to which this error occurs, and the user cannot download the new application.
3. Denying system permissions
To protect the system, some permissions are denied by default. This can be a cause of the App not installed.
4. Different versions of the App
In cases of applications that are not compatible with your phone’s system, this notification will be displayed so the App will not download.
How to Fix App Not Installed Issue?
In the following steps, we’ll walk you through the methods of the app not installed.
Method 1: By Turning on Airplane Mode
This is one of the simplest methods to fix the App not installed issue. All it requires is that you turn on the airplane mode in your device. This then puts off all signals from services, and the issue resolves on its own.
- Go to settings / roll down the main screen menu to view the ‘airplane mode’ option.
- Turn on the ‘airplane mode’ option.
- Go ahead with the installation of your App.
- A notification will pop up that reads ‘blocked by Google Play Protect.’
- Next, click ‘install anyway.’
- Finally, use the App to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 – Disable Google Play Protect
Google play protects Google’s original anti-virus that is intrinsically present in android smartphones. It tests for viruses and blocks any malicious files that are being downloaded/installed. It works for play store apps but not third-party websites. However, it does warn in cases of potential harm.
- Go to google play store.’
- In the menu present in the upper left corner, click on ‘play protect.’
- Next, Disable the option of ‘scan device for security threats.’ (NOTE: make sure to turn it on once you complete the steps)
- Now go ahead with your app installation.
Method 3 – by Changing the App Codes
By using an editor App to change the codes, the issue of the App not installed resolves.
- First, install an app called ‘APK editor’ from google play.
- Once the App is installed, open it and click on ‘select APK File.’
- Next, look up the App you wish to install.
- Click on your App and then on the ‘common edit’ option that comes up.
- Under ‘install location,’ you will see four options, and you may choose whichever according to your preference. (note: Alternatively, the version code can be modified to an older one)
- After either of the changes are made, save them in the APK editor App
- Uninstall the previous App and reinstall the modified App in the APK editor App.
Note: the free version for APK editor pro is AC market
Method 4 – Resetting App Preferences
By resetting the app preferences, you can fix your phone app’s issue not working without losing any essential data.
- The first step is to open the settings on your device.
- Next, click on apps manager and go through the apps
- After that, click on the menu denoted by the three dots in the right corner.
- Then reset All App Preferences
- Next, a dialogue box will pop up.
- Once that opens, select reset app and your issue will resolve.
Method 5 – by Enabling Unknown Sources
Another cause of the issue is when such settings are permitted by default to enable unknown sources. By merely permitting your device to install anonymous apps, one can resolve the issue. This method is beneficial for third-party apps.
- Click on settings.
- Next, go to security.
- Then, go to unknown sources’ and enable this option.
- Now try reinstalling your App to check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 6 – by Clearing Data
By getting rid of unnecessary data, including extra files, media, heavy apps, cache, etc., one can successfully eliminate the android app not installed issue if lack of storage is the primary issue.
- Go to settings
- Select the option ‘manage apps’
- Click on
- the package installer option
- Then tap on ‘clear data’ and ‘clear cache options to clear all unnecessary data.
- Now use your App to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 7 – by Using Apk Signer
Another uncomplicated way to get rid of the ‘android app not installed’ issue is to use an accessory app called APK signer by downloading it off of the play store.
- From the google play store, install the App, ‘APK signer’.
- Once the App is downloaded, open it to view three options that read ‘key stores’, ‘verifying’, and ‘signing.’
- Select the ‘signing’option
- Click on the pin icon at the bottom, and it will open your file manager.
- Next, click on the App that showed the error in the first place and click save.
- Once the App is saved, it will be listed under ‘signed.’
- Your App can now be downloaded without the error popping up.
Note: According to the play store, this App helps you sign and verify apk/jar/zip files on your devices and manage import/ export files.
If the tips and tricks listed and described above do not work for your android device and then the issue of ‘android app not installed’ persists, then try additional hacks that experts have suggested, such as:
- Remove previous versions of the App that are similar to the one you are trying to fix
- Don’t use SD cards from old phones
- Try to cut down on excess storage
- Avoid connecting your device to the PC while installing your APK file
- Reboot your android device and also trying pulling out the battery
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are some questions that are often asked by troubled users who have faced this issue on their phones as well. The queries are briefly tackled over here. Refer to the article above for a more detailed walkthrough of each of these steps
Q: What is the issue of ‘app not installed’?
It is an error that is displayed when a user is trying to install an app on their android smartphones.
Q: What are the most common causes of the ‘App not installed’ error?
- Damaged files
- Insufficient storage
- Denying system permissions
- Compatibility issues/ different versions of the App
Q: How to fix App Not installed APK?
- Turn on airplane mode
- Disabling google play protect
- Changing app codes
- By resetting app preferences
- By enabling unknown sources
- By using APK signer
- By clearing data
It is imperative that you try all the hacks and methods enlisted above to counter the App not installed issue successfully.
These methods are carefully curated and simple to follow through, step by step. Hopefully, one of these methods that android experts have outlined will help you eliminate the issue specific to your android smartphone.